- 1 large onion diced
- 1 - 14 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-5 tbsp vegetable bouillon or more to taste (This is how I season the soup, so make sure its as salty as you like)
- 3 medium sized potatoes diced (about 4.5 cups)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 9 cups of water
- 1 ½ cups plant milk (I like plain unsweetened soy milk)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 bunches of kale washed and chopped (I use 2)
In a large pot add the onions and saute on medium high heat with a little water until the onions are soft and begin to brown. Then add the garlic, the potatoes, and the beans as well as the water. Bring to a boil and allow the potatoes to cook until they are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Once the potatoes are done turn off the heat and add the kale and mix it in and allow it to wilt. Add the vegetable bouillon to taste, I add it until the broth is salty and flavorful. Then add the red pepper flakes and the plant milk. Mix well and serve with some fresh sourdough bread or make some vegan grilled cheese!
Makes 6-8 servings.